Last modified: 2021-12-24 by rob raeside
Keywords: san cristóbal department | santa fé province | argentina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The commune of Colonia Ana (350 inhabitants in 2001) is located 200 km northwest of Santa Fe.
In "El Departamental", 23 May 2012, Roberto Zelaya reported the public contest for the commune's flag. On 21 May 2012, the jury assessed the 12 proposals and unanimously elected the winning design. The new flag will be unveiled on 15 June 2012 in a place still to be chosen.
Ivan Sache, 23 May 2012
The flag is ~3:5 with two white radial "shark fins" (is this understandable?)
stretching from bottom hoist to the middle upper fly with thick grey fimbriations, dividing three areas of the flag cloth, of which two are green and the bottom one is red. On the upper hoist, 12 grey five-pointed stars stacked 5+3+2+1+1, aligned to the hoist.
The text on this on line image says that the flag was designed by Miguel Ángel Esquef and that it is official. Still according to the text, the stars stand for the 12 boroughs of the city and their arrangement means that unity yields strength; the curve lines stand for the railroad industry on which the city's wealth was based. Silver is said to symbolize the denizen's temperance, truthiness and integrity, green is for the city's wealth and red stands for the strength needed to succeed in the way to progress (no word about white, though).
António Martins-Tuválkin, 28 March 2007
image by Ivan Sache, 19 May 2017
The municipality of Soledad (1,464 inhabitants in 2010; 619 sq. km) is located
in the San Cristóbal department, 140 km north of Santa Fe.
Soledad originates in the erection in 1793 of Fort Nuestra Señora de la Soledad. Originally planned in 1866, the establishment of a new settlement was postponed because of the colonists' withdrawal; in 1888, the railway eventually brought the Blesio family, coming from Busca, an Italian village located 15 km of Cuneo (Piedmont). Idelfonso Parejo requested on 17 September 1891 the official establishment of the colony, which was granted on 24 November 1891 by the provincial government - this date is, therefore, considered as the date of foundation of the town.
http://soledadsantafe.blogspot.fr - Unofficial blog
The flag of Soledad is vertically divided celestial-blue-white-green by slanted lines. In the middle is placed the town's landmark, the Pyramid.
The flag was selected in a public contest announced on 26 July 2013 by the municipality. On 14 September 2013, the jury unanimously selected the winning design among 30 submissions. The flag was unveiled on 18 October 2013.
The flag was designed by Jorge Antonio Bobadilla.
Celestial blue represents the quiet environment of the town, the sea crossed by the first colonists; blue is the colour of the flax flower, recalling the first crop established in Soledad.
White is a symbol of purity and transparency. The Pyramid is the iconic symbol of the town, inalterable and valuable like gold.
Green represents the mountains and the fertility of the soil, which supports all the local aspirations.
http://soledadsantafe.blogspot.fr/2013/10/soledad-tiene-su-bandera.html - Unofficial blog
The Pyramid is a tribute to Sergeant Pedro Bustamante (1796-1883), known as Belgrano's Drummer. Born in Fort Nuestra Señora de la Soledad, Bustamante fought in Buenos Aires during the British assaults (1806-1807). During the May Revolution, he enrolled, as a drummer, in Belgrano's army. He attended the first hoisting of the Argentine national flag in Rosario. Bustamante was involved in the battles of Tucumán (24 February 1812) and Salta (20 February 1813); back to Santa Fe, he fought in the Montoneras guerilla commanded by Estanislao López (1786-1838).
http://soledadsantafe.blogspot.fr/2009/12/pedro-bustamante-glorioso-soldado-d-la.html - Unofficial blog
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/94279292.jpg - Photo
Ivan Sache, 19 May 2017
Commune of Suardi is located in Department of San Cristobal, Province of Santa Fe, Argentina. It has about 6,000 inhabitants on 454 km2.
The flag of the commune is shown on its website. It was chosen after competition and that the winning and adopted design is that of Daniel Furlani.
Valentin Poposki, 21 Sep 2007
The municipality of Villa Saralegui (513 inhabitants in 2010) is located in the center of the Santa Fe Province.
Villa Saralegui is named for Antonio Saralegui, who offered a plot to build a railway station, which was inaugurated in January 1908.
The flag of Villa Saralegui is green with an off-centred red cross fimbriated in white whose vertical arm is set towards the fly. In canton is placed a black triangle.
The flag, selected in a public contest, was unveiled on 10 July 2011.
Ivan Sache and Christopher Southworth, 06 Jan 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 15 May 2017
The municipality of Villa Trinidad (2,945 inhabitants in 2001; 327 sq.
km) is located 250 km form the town of Santa Fé, in the Department of
"Diario El Litoral" reports on 7 December 2008 the adoption of the flag and arms of Villa Trinidad.
The symbols were presented during the celebration of the 99th anniversary of the village, held in the local Historic Archives and Museum, housed in the former railway station. The village was formally founded on 2 December 1909 when the first train stopped at the station. The jury selected the flag proposed by Andrea Vercelli (out of 14 submissions) and the coat of arms proposed by Rita Comba (out of 6 submissions).
The flag of Villa Trinidad has three stripes. The first stripe, incurved to the bottom, is of celeste blue colour and represents the sky. The central stripe is red, honouring the courage and strength used to build the village and the open gate on the rest of the world managed when developing the village. The lower stripe is green, representing the natural environment, source of wealth and also suggesting peace and tranquillity. The white stars, white for purity and optimism, symbolizes the hamlets ("parajes") of La Gloria and Campo Botto.
Ivan Sache, 08 Dec 2008
Ivan Sache, 15 May 2017