This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Cerro Azul, Paraná (Brazil)

Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | cerro azul |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Cerro Azul, PR (Brazil)] image by Ivan Sache, 1 February 2022 
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Cerro Azul (17,833 inhabitants in 2020; 134,119 ha) is located 100 km north of Curitiba.

Cerro Azul was established in 1860 as Assunguy colony, managed by Barata Ribeiro, Manoel Nabuco and José Borges. The parish of Serro Azul was established within the municipality of Votuvera (Rio Branco do Sul) by Provincial Law No. 307 promulgated on 2 April 1872. The municipality of Assungui was established by Provincial Law No. 680 promulgated on 27 October 1882, renamed to Cerro Azul by Provincial Law No. 816 promulgated on 7 November 1885.
Cerro Azul is named for the mount of the same name (Blue Mount), part of a branch of the Serra Geral.
Website of the Municipal Chamber

The coat of arms of Cerro Azul was amended by Municipal Law No. 20 promulgated on 15 December 1994.

Article 1.
The coat of arms of the municipality of Cerro Azul shall be corrected, introducing the present-day's map of the municipality.

Article 2.
The date of inauguration of the district shall be corrected to "1890".
Leis Municipais database


Ivan Sache, 1 February 2022