Last modified: 2022-03-05 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | marechal cândido rondon |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located by
Ivan Sache, 5 February 2022
The flag of the Municipality of Marechal Cândido Rondon in the State of Paraná, Brazil, is shown at http://www.mcr.pr.gov.br. It is a green flag with a central red on white stripe, and a white triangle extending from the hoist bearing the municipal arms.
The municipality of Marechal Cândido Rondon (46,799 inhabitants in 2010;
74,800 ha) is located on the border with Paraguay, 580 km of Curitiba.
Marechal Cândido Rondon was formed in the mid 1950s by German colonists enrolled by the Industrial Madeireira Rio Paraná S/A – Marip company. Small estates were allocated to colonists coming from the neighboring states of Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina.
The district of General Rondon was established within the municipality of Toledo in 1953 and renamed Marechal Cândido Rondon when established a municipality on 25 July 1960. The name of the municipality was "upgraded" after the National Congress had awarded the title of Marshal to General Rondon in 1955.
Marshal Rondon (1865-1958) is most famous for his exploration of Mato Grosso and the Western Amazon Basin, and his lifelong support of Brazilian indigenous populations; he developed telegraph lines all over the country and is honored as the "Father of the Brazilian Telecommunications". One of the most revered Brazilian heroes and patriots, Rondon is the namesake of the State of Rondônia and of the municipalities of Rondon (Pará), Marechal Cândido Rondon (Paraná), Marechal Rondon (Mato Grosso) and Rondonópolis (Mato Grosso), not to mention thousands of streets, schools, ..., and, last but not least, one of the most recently discovered monkey, Rondon's marmoset (Mico rondoni), found in 2010 in Rondônia.
The flag of the municipality of Marechal Cândido Rondon is horizontally divided, with green lateral stripes of 5 units in width and a central stripe of 4 units in width charged with a white stripe of 1 unit, starting from a white isosceles triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the municipal coat of arms.
The coat of arms represent the municipal government. The white triangle represents the town proper while the white color symbolizes peace, friendship, work, prosperity, purity and religious spirit, representing the spread of municipal power that expands to all parts of the territory. The red color is a symbol of dedication, patriotic love, audacity, intrepidity, courage and valiance. The green lateral stripes are symbols of honor, civility, courtesy, joy and abundance, reminding the green fields of spring promising a profuse harvest.
The coat of arms of the municipality of Marechal Cândido Rondon pays homage to the great sertanista soldier Marechal Cândido Rondon. It highlights the economic activities of the municipality, which are based on courtesy, joy and abundance of agriculture and industrialization of its products.
Green symbolizes civility, courtesy, joy and abundance; the black color, austerity, prudence, sovereignty, moderation, firmness, and the red color, love for the country, audacity, intrepidity, courage and valiance of people.
Ivan Sache, 5 February 2022