This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Correia Pinto, Santa Catarina (Brazil)

Last modified: 2021-12-11 by ian macdonald
Keywords: santa catarina | correia pinto |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of 
Correia Pinto, SC (Brazil)] image by Ivan Sache, 2 November 2021

See also:


The municipality of Correia Pinto (12,795 inhabitants in 2019; 65,162 ha) is located 230 km west of Florianópolis.

Correia Pinto was established by Antônio Correia Pinto de Macedo, who was sent from São Paulo with his family, slaves and another nine families to establish an outpost in front of the Spanish possessions. Correia Pinto first settled in Taipas before moving in 1767 to the banks of river Canoas. A flood soon suppressed dwellings and crops. The colonists moved again to Campos das Lagens, establishing on 22 May 1771 the town of Nossa Senhora dos Prazeres das Lagens; some inhabitants, however, preferred to stay near river Canoas and established the town of São Bom Jesus dos Fundos do Rio Canoas, in short, Bom Jesus de Canoas. In 1910, the town had 15 houses, a few ranches, a Roman Catholic chapel, a library, a social club, a small shop and a cemetery.

The district of Correia Pinto was established on 20 October 1920. Initially very slow, the district's development was boosted when the Federal Government changed the planned design of road BR 2 (today, BR 116) so that it crossed the district. Accordingly, the town's center was relocated along the new road.
Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 2 November 2021

Description of the Flag

A horizontal triband, blue-white-blue, with the municipal arms on a white disk placed on a red lozenge.

Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 3 June 2012

Ivan Sache, 2 November 2021