This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Cândido Rodrigues, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-13 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | cândido rodrigues |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Cândido Rodrigues, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 22 March 2013
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Cândido Rodrigues (2,668 inhabitants in 2010; 6,952 ha) is located 350 km of São Paulo.

Cândido Rodrigues was founded in 1906 by Italian immigrants. The village was officially named Albuquerque Lins, but the villagers called it Campin. The Albuquerque Lins railway station was inaugurated on 8 September 1908 by "Estrada de Ferro Araraquarense". The village was renamed Cândido Rodrigues on 20 November 1908, while the chapel was consecrated on 13 June 1915. The district of Cândido Rodrigues was established on 10 October 1919, as part of the municipality of Taquaritinga. The municipality of Cândido Rodrigues was established by Law No. 5,285 of 18 February 1959 and inaugurated on 1 January 1960. The municipality is named for General Antônio Cândido Rodrigues (1850-1934), Minister of Agriculture of Brazil in 1909. - Municipal website

The flag of Cândido Rodrigues is green with a diagonal yellow stripe. In canton is placed a rectangle divided vertically, its left part being red with two yellow stars arranged vertically along the hoist and its right part being divided into 13 horizontal stripes, in turn black and white. A circular badge, different from the municipal coat of arms, is placed in the middle of the rectangle. The badge is blue with a brown hill charged with two branches and surmounted with the writing "CÂNDIDO RODRIGUES" (horizontal) and "CIDADE ENAMORADA DA COLINA" (Hill's Beloved Town - arched) in yellow letters. - Municipal website

Photos of the flag:

Ivan Sache, 22 March 2013