Last modified: 2013-04-13 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | clementina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Clementina was founded on 20 June 1928 by João Francisco Vasques.
Mostly settled by Japanese and Spanish colonists, the village,
originally called Nova Era, was renamed Vasques in 1932. The district
of Clementina, named for the elder daughter of the village's founder,
was established by Decree 14,334 of 30 November 1944, as part of the
municipality of Coroados.
The municipality of Clementina was established by Law No. 2,456 of 31
http://www.clementina.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The flag of Clementina is yellow with a red off-centered cross. Over the intersection of the cross' arms is placed a white square diamond charged with the municipal arms.
http://www.clementina.sp.gov.br/index.php?pg=texto&cod=3 - Municipal website
Video showing the flag hoisted outdoors
Ivan Sache, 24 March 2013