Last modified: 2012-12-15 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | indiaporã |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger,
11 November 2012
A yellow flag with an upright red cross, and the municipal arms on a white disk, bordered red, in the centre.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 11 November 2012
Indiaporã was established on 24 December 1948 by State Law No. 233, as a district of the municipality of Fernandópolis, formed by parts of the municipalities of Fernandópolis and Pedranópolis. The seat of the district was the settlement of Indianópolis, established on 12 March 1938 by the land surveyor José Dantas. Indiaporã means in Tupi-Guarani "beautiful Indian land", a tribute to the Caiapó, who lived on the banks of Rio Grande near a waterfall known as the Indians' Waterfall. The municipality of Indiaporã was established on 26 December 1953 by State Law No. 2,456, and inaugurated on 1 January 1955.
The coat of arms, the flag and the anthem are listed as the municipal symbols, "representative of the history and culture", in Article 4 of the Municipal Constitution, last amended on 4 December 2006.
The flag is yellow with a red cross. In the middle is place a white disk fimbriated red charged with the municipal coat of arms. The dimensions of the flag are 14 units x 20 units. The width of the cross' arms is 3 units. The diameter of the disk is 7.5 units, with a fimbriation of 0.5 unit in width. The width of the coat of arms is 5.5 units.
On the flag actually use, the yellow shade appears to be brighter than
on the source image, but lighter than on the Brazilian flag.
Ivan Sache, 1 November 2012