Last modified: 2013-06-01 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | meridiano |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Meridiano was established as the merger of two villages, São João da
Maravilha and São José da Maravilha, founded in the 1940s by Ernesto
Cavalin and João Machado Pereira, respectively. The district of
Meridiano was established by State Law No. 233 of 24 December 1948, as
part of the municipality of Fernandópolis.
The municipality of Meridiano was established by State Law No. 5,285
of 18 February 1959 and inaugurated on 1 January 1960.
http://meridiano.sp.gov.br - Municipal website
The symbols of Meridiano are prescribed in Article 2 of the Municipal
Constitution, adopted on 1 April 1990, as "the flag, the anthem and
the coat of arms, representative of its culture and history".
http://meridiano.sp.gov.br/uploads/arquivos/lei.pdf - Municipal Constitution
The flag is diagonally divided red-white with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.
Ivan Sache, 17 May 2013