This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saint-Eugène-de-Ladrière, Quebec (Canada)


Last modified: 2021-04-17 by rob raeside
Keywords: saint-eugène-de-ladrière | quebec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Saint-Eugène-de-Ladrière flag] image by Masao Okazaki, 1 March 2021

See also:

The Municipality

The parish municipality of Saint-Eugène-de-Ladrière (364 inhabitants in 2016; 32,752 ha) is located 30 km south-west of Rimouski.

Saint-Eugène-de-Ladrière, which was granted the status of municipality in 1961 by separation from Saint-Fabien, is named for two former parish priests, Augustin Ladrière and Eugène Pelletier.
Ivan Sache, 3 March 2021

Description of the flag

An old photo of this flag (from 2004) was posted in January by Valetin Poposki: ...and today by Luc Vartan Baronian:

Coat of arms:
Masao Okazaki, 1 March 2021

The coat of arms represents a green forest crossed by a calm river. The shield's base sys that the forest was cleared by valiant pioneers, who initiated crops but preserved sugar maple grooves.
The shield's upper part features a book representing the school (first built in 1910 as the "red school") and the church built in 1930.

Ivan Sache, 3 March 2021