This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Les Planchettes commune (Neuchâtel canton, Switzerland)

Last modified: 2024-06-08 by martin karner
Keywords: les planchettes | chevron | number: 1812 |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Les Planchettes

[Flag of Les Planchettes] image by Pascal Gross

Chevron rised Argent, and Argent an inscription 1812 Sable.
Željko Heimer, 27 May 2000

1812 refers to the date of formation of the commune.
Pascal Gross, 26 May 2000

From the communal website: "The date 1812 inscribed on the coat of arms corresponds to the year in which the parish was established as a 'commune body' and the act establishing the commune was signed on May 25, 1812. The red 'triangle' on the coat of arms is not a triangle proper, it is formed by two white chevrons, this because the commune of Planchettes had many forests and was the main supplier of wood to the region's sawmills. The rafter is a piece of wooden framework, the main element of roofs which holds the tiles. The name 'Les Planchettes' etymologically comes from the word 'plateau', because the town which starts from the edge of the Doubs and goes up to Pouillerel, is made up of a succession of cultivated plateaus (ploughed or mown) also called 'planches' (moreover we find the name 'planchette' in many places), and as these trays are small, they were called 'planchettes', and the name stuck for the commune."