Last modified: 2023-08-26 by martin karner
Keywords: alpthal |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Divided diagonally from red with a white cross and from green by a white wavy bar.
In 1018 Emperor Heinrich II gave the valley called Albetal to Einsiedeln Abbey. In the border dispute between the Abbey and the Land of Schwyz, according to a document dated 1217, Count Rudolf the Old of Habsburg awarded the valley to Schwyz, which was confirmed with the peace treaty of 1350. The little white "Schwyz cross" may be a reference to those dispute.