This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Cartago Province (Costa Rica)

Provincia de Cartago

Last modified: 2014-05-24 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: costa rica | cartago |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image by Jaume Ollé



See also:

Cantons:

Political parties:


The Flag

The flag appears to have been derived from the coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 23 July 2013


Coat of Arms


image contributed by Fred Drews, 24 March 2006

Another image was previously contributed by Fred Drews, 21 November 1999

The standardized version of the coat of arms was adopted on 14  September 1998 by the Municipal Council, and published on 4 October 1998 in "La Gaceta", No. 188. Based on advice by Jesús Baldares Molina, Carlos Bonilla ("Referencias sobre Heráldica - Escudo de Armas de la Ciudad de Cartago") and Franco Fernández Esquivel ("Páginas de Cartago - Antología Periodística y Apuntes"), the representation of the arms kept in the Ethnographic Museum of San Luis Gonzaga College was chosen. This representation is believed to have been painted in 1729 by an artist from Guatemala.
Source: Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 23 July 2013