This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Nižní Lhoty (Czechia)

Frýdek-Místek okres, Moravian-Silesian region

Last modified: 2022-10-14 by kryštof huk
Keywords: nizni lhoty |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Nižní Lhoty flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 22 Jun 2008
adopted 25 Mar 2005 See also:

Nižní Lhoty flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2005) - Nižní Lhoty municipality, Frýdek Místek okres, Moravosilesian region - flag adopted 25 March 2005.
Flagdescription: blue field, a yellow chevron reaching from bottom to top. in bottom center a white fleur-de-lis.
Homepage with Coat of Arms identical to flag.
Info from that site: Nižní Lhoty is a small village with 250 inhabitants and lies in the Moravia-Silesian Beskydy in the beautiful valley of Morávka River aside of main traffic connections in altitude 359m, size is 378ha. Its neighbours are the villages Nošovice, Dobratice, Vyšní Lhoty and Frýdek-Místek - Skalice.

The Morávka river basin was colonized quite early; the first written note about Nižní Lhoty is in extant paper from 1305. The village was founded in the middle of 13th and 14th century. The village came under Těšín prince command in 1434 and became a security article when Frydek and surrounding villages were given as security to Arnošt of Tvorkov. Name Nižní Lhoty we met first in 1573, when Frydek area was sold by Těšín Princ Václav to brothers Matthew and George from Logov. In the oldest ground book from 1607 to 1739 is the village noted as Nižní Lhoty.

The village has typical agriculture-pastoral character at this time. The fact that a route which went through valley to mountain area in 18th century went aside of village centre make it segregated and slowed down economic development. The village position in Morávka River bottom land predestined often big waters or for example destructive hailstorm in 1866. The social development is visible in inhabitant's tendency to have common education. Since 1870 was teaching in private house no.27 up to 1875 was built school where taught till 1962 when was the school disturbed because of children absence. The education and culture life cared clubs which has risen since 1921. The first club in the village was The Red Heard Group (1921) then The Silesian Folk Education Matrix later was found Voluntary firemen brigade (1926) which built fire house in 1931 and The Sport Club (1940). The library contributes by the education without question; founded in 1920.

The village was hardly touched by both World Wars. One village section fell to Poland in 1938 because of boundary between Czechoslovakia and Poland. Nižní Lhoty became part of Nošovice in 1960. In 1975 was made new integrated village Dobrá where was included Nižní Lhoty village also as local part Dobrá 3 - Nižní Lhoty.

In referendum in 1990 Nižní Lhoty inhabitants decided and obtained the independency and village municipal government. The village built water pipe canal, surface gas-service, bus stops, iron bridge through Morávka River, new municipal office building with social hall, multipurpose child ground and reconstructed firehouse.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jun 2008

Nižní Lhoty Coat of Arms

[Nižní Lhoty coat of arms] image by Jarig Bakker, 22 Jun 2008