Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: max planck society for the advancement of science | max-planck-gesellschaft zur förderung der wissenschaften e.v. | mpg | kaiser wilhelm society | kaiser wilhelm gesellschaft |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Blas Delgado
This picture is taken from the official journal of the Max-Planck Society. It shows the official flag of the MPG that is kept in the administrative headquarters in Munich. The flag has diagonal yellow and green stripes. MPG institutes have similar flags used in special occasions, like meetings and national holidays or mourning.
From the MPG official website:
The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of the Sciences e.V. is an independent, non-profit organisation. It was established on 26 February 1948 as the successor organisation to the Kaiser Wilhelm Society, itself founded in 1911. The Max Planck Institutes conduct basic research in the sciences and arts and humanities with the objective of concentrating in particular new and promising areas of research to supplement research carried out by the universities.
Paolo Zaccaria, 9 October 2000