This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Füssen County until 1972 (Schwaben District, Bavaria, Germany)

landkreis füssen

Last modified: 2012-09-08 by pete loeser
Keywords: landkreis füssen | füssen county | fuessen county | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms: per pale (crozier: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (mitre: red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Füssen County until 1972 (Schwaben District, Bavaria, Germany)] Image by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1966, flag adopted 15th February 1967, abolished 30th June 1972

On this page: See also:


Red-yellow-red, 15.02.1967. Füssen county became part of Ostallgäu county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 23 August 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were granted in 1966. The upper part of the arms are taken from the arms of Bavaria. The main part of the county became part of Bavaria in 1803. The other two fields indicate former rulers in the area. The mitre symbolises the monastery of St. Mang and the Abbott's staff the Prince-Bishops of Augsburg. The latter were most influential in the Western part of the county, the monastery in the Eastern part.
Source: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003

| Return to Top of this Page |   | Return to Home Page (Site Search Engines) |