Last modified: 2013-12-14 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis höchstadt | höchstadt county | landkreis hoechstadt | hoechstadt county | coat of arms: per pale (lion: black) | coat of arms: per pale (unicorn: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (bendlet: whi |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 15th June 1962, abolished 30th June 1972
Black-yellow-black, adopted 15.06.1962. The county was integrated into the (Central Franconian) Erlangen-Höchstadt county under the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 9 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on June 15, 1962. The dexter part of the arms show the lion of Bamberg, the bishops of Bamberg were one of the largest land owners in the district. The unicorn is the arms of the Ritterkanton Steigerwald, one of the historical territories in the district. The arms with the unicorn were granted in 1718 by Emperor Charles VI.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 15 July 2003