Last modified: 2013-12-14 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis lohr | lohr county | coat of arms (pale wavy: white) | coat of arms: per pale (wheel: white) | coat of arms: per pale (bars: 2) | coat of arms: per pale (bars: yellow) | coat of arms: per pale (leaf: oa |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 18th April 1969, abolished 30th June 1972
Yellow-red-yellow, adopted 18.04.1969. Became part of Main-Spessart county under the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 16 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted in 1969 and show a [wavy] pale as a symbol for the Main river and an oak leaf for the Spessart mountains in the district. The dexter half shows in the upper part the wheel of the State of Mainz, above the bars from the arms of the Counts of Reineck. The Counts had several estates in the district before 1559.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 18 July 2003