Last modified: 2013-12-14 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis mindelheim | mindelheim county | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms (coupeaux: black) | coat of arms (coupeaux: 2) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 26th February 1962, abolished 30th June 1972
Yellow-black-yellow, adopted 26.02.1962. Became part of Unterallgäu county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 27 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on February 26, 1962. The lower part of the arms is derived from the arms of the Frundsberg family. In 1467 the family acquired the County of Mindelheim and ruled the area until 1617, when it became part of Bavaria. The lozenges in the chief are the arms of Bavaria.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003