Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: neckarsteinach | harp |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a plain blue banner. The coat of arms is slightly shifted to the top with an embowed yellow inscription "STADT"(above) "NECKARSTEINACH"(below).
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approval unknown
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 27 June 2006
Shield Or a harp Sable stringed Gules.
The village of Steinach gained city rights in 1377 and was renamed Neckarsteinach in order to distinguish from other settlements with the same name. The oldest seal from that time and already displayed a shield with a harp. The harp is derived from the arms of the Knights of Steinach, who lived in the local castle. Around 1550 the family had four castles around the city. The family became extinct in 1653. To distinguish the arms of the city from the arms of the family, the harp was often displayed on a small triplemount in the city arms. The mount was removed, when the arms were officially approved in 1926.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.67
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 18 May 2017
back to Bergstraße Cities and Municipalities Page click here