Last modified: 2013-12-14 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: kierspe | lion(red) | statant | crow | markian chequered bar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Hostert 1979 shows a white-red banner with the arms. The current town of Kierspe was created in 1969 by joining the former municipalities of Kierspe and Rönsahl, which had previously formed an Amt. The newly formed town adopted the arms of the former Amt which was granted in 1936, combining elements of the two municipalities the raven for Kierspe, the lion of the Duchy of Berg for Rönsahl.
Stefan Schwoon, 29 June 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted in 1969. The chequered fess is derived from the arms of the Counts of the Mark, as the area historically belonged to the County of Mark. The lion in the base of the shield is derived from the arms of the Dukes of Berg. The crow is based on the nickname of the inhabitants of the village, Rauk (rook, crow).
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972, p.59
back to Märkisch cities and municipalities click here