Last modified: 2020-10-17 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: unterreit | cross(red) | arrow | saltire(silver) | rose(golden) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a white-green-yellow vertical tricolour with arms shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
M. Schmöger, 27 Jan 2002
Shield parted per fess, above Argent on a cross Gules an arrow point upwards Argent, beneath Vert on a saltire Argent a rose Or seeded Gules.
Unterreit was established by a merger of the independent municipalities of Elsbeth, Grünthal and Wang. The red cross is the attribute of St. George, patron saint of the church of Wang. The saltire is the attribute of St. Andrew, patron saint of the church of Grünthal. The heraldic rose is an attribute of St. Elizabeth, local patron saint of the pilgrimage church of Elsbeth. The rose is also part of the family arms of the Counts of Törring (three roses) and is referring to the historic importance of the family for the municipality. The arrow is an attribute of St. Giles. The Counts of Kling sanctified a church dedicated to that saint in 1318 in their hunting ground in Unterried.
Source: Wanka 1989, pp.96-97
M. Schmöger, 27 Jan 2002 and Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Oct 2020
Banner and arms were approved on 13 October 1983.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 13 Oct 2020
back to Mühldorf upon Inn cities and municipalities click here