This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Nottertal-Heilinger Höhen City (Germany)

Stadt Nottertal-Heilinger Höhen, Unstrut-Hainich-Kreis, Thüringen

Last modified: 2021-03-27 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: nottertal-heilinger hoehen | schlotheim | obermehler | pentacle(reversed) | triplemount | poplars(5) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Schlotheim borough banner] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Mar 2021
banner of former Schlotheim city, seat of the current city
See also:

Nottertal-Heilinger Höhen City


Obermehler Borough

Obermehler Banner

[Obermehler borough banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 25 Mar 2021

It was a white-green vertical bicolour. The coat of arms was shifted to the top.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Mar 2021

Obermehler Coat of Arms

Shield Argent, issuant from base a triplemount Gules, charged with a stone spindle Argent in fess, issuant from triplemount five poplars Vert.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 25 Mar 2021


Schlotheim Borough

Schlotheim Banner

It was a green-white vertical bicolour, charged with a centred reversed white pentacle.
Source: this online catalogue
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Mar 2021

Schlotheim old Banner (reported 1941)

[Schlotheim city banner 1941] 5:2 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Mar 2021

It was a blue-white vertical bicolour, charged with a centred reversed black pentacle.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Mar 2021

Schlotheim Coat of Arms

Shield Vert a pentacle reversed Argent.
Meaning:
Schlotheim had been a city until 2019. In Schlotheim existed a castle since 974 and the village had been seat of the Sewers of Schlotheim since 1174. Since 1277 Schlotheim was called a city. A Magdalenian nunnery was established in 1285. The city was a fiefdom of the Bishopric of Fulda and as such sold to the Counts of Hohnstein in 1330 and pawnwd to the Counts of Schwarzburg<7i> in 1338 and acquired by their successors the Counts of Sondershausen since 1571.
The first city arms displayed a canting lock. The current arms with six addirional stars were in use since 1505, based on the arms of the nunnery. Normally the reversed pentacle is a symbol of witch crft and is called "Drudenfuß" in German referring to a female demon and being usually a symbol of witchcraft. But here it is obviously different as arms of a nunnery.
Source: Blaschke et alii 1979, pp.407-408
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Mar 2021

The arms with stars were in use probably until the end of the GDR.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 22 Mar 2021


back to Unstrut-Hainich cities and municipalities click here