This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Mulalillo Parish (Cotopaxi, Ecuador)

Cantón de Salcedo

Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: cotopaxi | pujili |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Ivan Sache, 28 December 2020

See also:


The parish of Mulalillo (6,379 inhabitants in 2014; 4,128 ha) is located 10 km west of Salcedo.

Mulalillo is the diminutive form of Mulaló, in Araucanian, "snails' plain". The village was settled in 1645 by Cacique Gaspar Zanapatín with people from Mulaló; originally called Cunchibamba, the new village was soon known as Mulalillo.
The parish of Mulalillo was established by the Law on Territorial Division of Ecuador promulgated on 29 May 1861. Originally incorporated in Latacunga canton, Mulalillo was transferred to newly formed Salcedo canton on 17 September 1919.
Parish website
Ivan Sache, 28 December 2020


The flag of Mulalillo is horizontally divided green-yellow-green with the parish coat of arms in the center.

Ivan Sache, 28 December 2020