This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lauzun (Municipality, Lot-et-Garonne, France)

Last modified: 2024-03-23 by olivier touzeau
Keywords: lauzun | lot-et-garonne |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



 

See also:


Presentation of Lauzun

Lauzun (735 inhabitants in 2021; 2,409 ha) is a commune in the Lot-et-Garonne department.

Lauzun was the location of an oppidum from the Gallo-Roman era. A fortified castle is attested from the 6th century. The Gontauts are attested as lords of Lauzun from the 12th century. The Caumont de La Force were lords of Lauzun at the end of the Middle Ages. The Chateau de Lauzun was developed from the original medieval fortress as a Renaissance palace, hosting visits from Catherine de Medicis and her son, the future King Charles IX in 1565. In 1570, the seigneury of Lauzun became a county for the benefit of François de Caumont. The county of Lauzun was established as a duchy in 1692 for Antonin Nompar de Caumont, then again in 1766 for Armand Louis de Gontaut-Biron.

Olivier Touzeau, 4 April 2022


Banner observed in Lauzun

[Banner]

Banner observed in Lauzun - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 6 April 2022

A vertical forked banner 1:4, with vertical stripes of the colours of the coat of arms, B-R-Y, can be seen in the streets of the village: photo (2012), photo (2012).

The coat of arms of Lauzun is blazoned: Tierced per bend Or, Gules and Azure.

Olivier Touzeau, 4 April 2022