This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Mézy-sur-Seine (Municipality, Yvelines, France)

Last modified: 2012-05-12 by ivan sache
Keywords: yvelines | mezy-sur-seine | lion (yellow) | crown: mural (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Mezy]

Flag of Mézy-sur-Seine - Image by Arnaud Leroy, 4 November 2002

See also:

Presentation of Mézy-sur-Seine

The municipality of Mézy-sur-Seine (1,789 inhabitants in 1999; 476 ha) is located on the right bank of river Seine. It was known as Mézy until 16 July 1971.

The top designer Paul Poiret (1879-1944) commission in 1924 the functionalist architect Rob Mallet-Stevens (1886-1945) to build a house in Mézy. Achieved in in 1930, the house was modified by Paul Boyer in 1932 on behalf of its next owner, the actress Elvire Popesco (1894-1993, born in Romania as Elvira Popescu). Elvire Popesco was nicknamed "the Boulevard Comtess", because she excelled in boulevard theatre and was married with the Count of Foy.

Ivan Sache, 4 November 2002

Flag of Mézy-sur-Seine

The flag of Mézy-sur-Seine, as communicated by the municipal administration, is horizontally divided white-blue with the municipal coat of arms in the middle and the name of the municipality written in white capital letters below the shield.

Arnaud Leroy & Ivan Sache, 4 November 2002