Last modified: 2010-12-04 by ivan sache
Keywords: compagnie maritime de la seine | letters: cms (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
House flag of Compagnie Maritime de la Seine - Image by Ivan Sache, 13 October 2010
Compagnie Maritime de la Seine was founded in 1899 in Paris, to operate "a scheduled line to London, without transhipment, via the Seine and the Thames". The company purchased in 1900 five steamers named for French provinces (Anjou, Aunis, Artois, Béarn and Maine), operated under the Steamers de la Côte (Coastal Steamers) corporate name. In 1904, the company was listed with the same line, with two departures from Paris on Thursdays and Sundays, and an additional line Paris-Rouen-Le Havre-Bayonne, with two monthly departures. The company disappeared in 1960.
Ivan Sache, 13 October 2010
The Yearbook of the Central Committee of France Shipowners (1922) shows the house flag of Compagnie Maritime de la Seine as red with a blue border and the white letters "CMS" in the middle.
Dominique Cureau, 12 October 2010