This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

East Anglian Cruising Club (United Kingdom)

Last modified: 2019-05-15 by rob raeside
Keywords: east anglian cruising club | norfolk | suffolk |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Club Burgee

[East Anglian Cruising Club] image by Ivan Sache, 13 July 2006

On 9 January 1936, Roy Pike, Assistant Librarian at the Great Yarmouth Borough Library, founded with 11 other enthusiasts the East Anglian Yacht Club, with a Skipper and a Mate - those titles for the officers were copied from the famous Narrow Seas Club. The club was renamed the East Anglian Cruising Club (EACC) shortly after the foundation.
The burgee of EACC is a triangular version of the flag of East Anglia.
Ivan Sache, 13 July 2006