This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hajós (Bacs-Kiskun, Hungary)

Hajós város

Last modified: 2015-02-01 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: bacs-kiskun | hajos |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image by Zoltan Horvath, 04 January 2015


See also:


Overview

Hajós town is located in Bács-Kiskun county, Hungary. Its name comes from the Hungarian word "hajó" which means boat or ship. It is possible that in the Middle Ages Hajós was surrounded by a large area of water. The medieval Hajós lost much of its population during the Ottoman conquest. The bishop of Kalocsa moved German immigrants to Hajós which received village rights in 1756.
Zoltan Horvath, 04 January 2015


The Flag

Its flag is medium blue with its coat of arms in the middle of the flag and its name is placed under it. Flag has only vertical variant by the law of the town.
Images of flag:
http://www.orbannaphajos.hu/raktar_orban/termgal/000100/DSCF2750.JPG
http://www.orbannaphajos.hu/raktar_orban/termgal/000100/DSCF3166.JPG
Zoltan Horvath, 04 January 2015


Coat of Arms


image by Zoltan Horvath, 04 January 2015

The coat of arms is a darker blue shield with two hills on both sides with two pine trees. Between the hills there is a river with sailing boat floating on it. Above the boat there is a cloud upon with the Virgin Mary is place with her child in her arms resembling the high altar scene of the Roman Catholic church in Hajós. Decription of coat of arms (in English): http://www.nemzetijelkepek.hu/onkormanyzat-hajos_en.shtml
Zoltan Horvath, 04 January 2015