Last modified: 2019-08-06 by ian macdonald
Keywords: india | truck racing |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
"Truck racing is a form of motor racing which involves modified versions of
heavy tractor units on racing circuits. The sport started in the United States
at the Atlanta Motor Speedway on June 17, 1979. The sporting regulations came
under the control of the FIA later, to ensure that
the vehicles conform to the layout and original style of the truck, whilst
defining the safety standards required to race.
There are currently Truck racing events and competitions in the US (first sanctioned by ATRA (American Truck Racing Association), then by GATR (Great American Truck Racing), later by DIRT (Drivers Independent Race Tracks) and now by the USHRA, United Kingdom (by British Automobile Racing Club and British Truck Racing Association), Brazil (branded as Fórmula Truck), India (branded as T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship ) and several other European countries (branded as European Truck Racing Championship and sanctioned by the FIA European Truck Racing Championship)."
In India, the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship is a truck racing championship held in the country sponsored by Tata Motors (a Division of Tata Group) and is also on the calendar of Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) and Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI)
The teams that compete in this racing championship all have flags as seen here: http://www.cartoq.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Tata-T1-Prima-Truck-Racing-Championship-Flag-Off.jpg (source: http://www.cartoq.com/tata-motors-launches-t1-prima-truck-racing-championship-in-india/) and here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3682/13378150015_b020f70e65.jpg (source: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3682/13378150015_b020f70e65.jpg).
1. Castrol Vecton (http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/team-owners/castrol-vecton.aspx)
2. Cummins (http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/team-owners/cummins.aspx)
3. TATA Technologies Motor Sports (http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/team-owners/tatatechnologies-motor-sports.aspx) flag: http://www.club4auto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IMG_2198256798357-922x520.jpeg (source: http://www.club4auto.com/tata-t1-prima-truck-racing-championship)
4. Dealer Daredevils (http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/team-owners/dealer-daredevils.aspx)
5. Dealer Warriors (http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/team-owners/dealer-Warriors.aspx
6. Allied Partners (http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/team-owners/allied-partners.aspx) flag: http://www.motoroids.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/tata-motors.png
For additional information go to T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship (official website): http://www.t1primatruckracing.com/
Esteban Rivera, 22 February 2015