Last modified: 2019-04-13 by rob raeside
Keywords: prudnik |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The oldest form of the Prudnik coat of arms is presented on a wax seal affixed to a document from 1399, regarding the city council's obligation to pay 10 marks in silver for the chapel of St. Jadwiga in Prudnik.ig86, 2 March 2019
On the blue background is an open gate flanked by red towers with silver roofs. In the middle is the golden eagle of the Silesian Piasts.
The Austrian Emperor Maximilian II allowed the city to seal documents with red wax. This distinction gave the city the right to appoint as a witness every citizen before the court, with the exception of the clergy. In 1607 Emperor Rudolf II, for his faithfulness, enriched the coat of arms of Prudnik. He allowed to add the silver coat and the golden Czech lion over the current coat of arms together with the repeated motif of the wall. The current version of the coat of arms has been used again since 1990.