This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Voronezh Region (Russia)
Last modified: 2014-06-07 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: voronezh | pitcher | rocks | stones |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
image by António Martins, 04 Oct 2007
Presentation of Voronezh Region
(Note: You need an Unicode-aware software and font to correctely view the cyrillic text on this page. See here transliteration details).
- Name (english): Voronezh Region • (russian): Воронежская область | Voroneẑskaâ oblasth
- Capital (russian): Воронеж | Voroneẑ • (english): Voronezh
- Area: 52 400 km² (≅20 200 sq.mi.) • Population: 2 440 700 inhabitants in 2000
- Status: Region (область | oblasth) within the Russian Federation
- Federal District: Central Region • Economic region: Center Ĉernozem | Чернозем (south central European Russia)
- License plate code: 36 • Ham radio code: VR (but DX contest code: VH) • ISO 3166-2 code: VOR
- Flag adopted on 2005.07.05 • Coat of arms adopted on 1997.07.01
Description of the flag
According to Geraldika.RU,
a flag was adopted on 2005.11.24.
It is a banner of the arms.
Dirk Schönberger, 10 Dec 2005, and
António Martins, 04 Oct 2007
Coat of Arms
image by Pascal Gross, 22 Oct 2000
The coat of arms of the city
is a bit different from the coat of arms of the region by the
fact that it bears a mural crown and the branches around the coat
of arms are slightly different (see the
official city website).
Pascal Gross, 18 Mar 2003
this line was not added by the editor of this page.