This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dulovce, Slovakia

Komárno okres, Nitra region

Last modified: 2018-12-19 by rob raeside
Keywords: dulovce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Dulovce municipality flag

[Flag of Dulovce] by Jarig Bakker, 25 Jan 2002, after image on this webpage.

The first written notice comes from the year 1329 when it was marked as Gyalla. The village is situated in Podunajská nížina (lowland), in the southwestern spur of Pohronská pahorkatina (upland), in the district of Komárno in the region of Nitra. The village coat-of-arms, banner and seal are approved by a heraldic committee.
The medieval history of Dulovce is related to town Hurbanovo, which is for the first time noticed as Gyalla in the year 1329. Archeological findings from prehistoric times to the 12th century prove this location to be much older. Anyway, the town was recorded as posessio Gyalla in the year 1356, Gyalla in the year 1357, predium Gyalla in the year 1412, again Gyalla in the year 1471, Gyalya in the year 1495 and finally Gyala in the year 1498. These records also refer to Dulovce because it was originally a settlement of Stará Ďala (Gyala). It gained independence in the 14th century and because of that the original town got name Stará Ďala (Ógyalla in Hungarian) and the new-born settlement was named Nová Ďala (Újgyalla). Further, the Ďala is recorded as royal propriety in the year 1365, which for a short time belonged to the archbishop of Ostrihom during the reign of Ľudovít Veľký. Then the village became a propriety belonging to domain of Komárno. In the year 1412, Žigmund bucsányi z Bučian became the first secular owner of the village including the settlement during the reign of the king Žigmund. The village spent harsh times during the age of Turkish raids. As the second half of the 16th century the village was very lowly populated. After making peace in the year 1608 according to the contract the settlement was given into Turkish dominion. Villagers rejected to supply the Turks as they were besieging the castle of Nové Zámky which led to plundering of the village ordered by Kara Mustafa. So the village became extinct until the year 1690 when Slovak people from the region of Považie and Slovak-Moravian borders were installed here by the family Csuzy. Now Dulovce is a village with 1876 inhabitants.
Information from this webpage.
Jarig Bakker, 25 Jan 2002

Stará Ďala - Ógyalla: That settlement is a town now, its name is Hurbanovo (Ógyalla).
István Molnár, 8 Feb 2002

Dulovce Coat of Arms

[Dulovce Coat of Arms] image on this webpage., reported by Jarig Bakker, 25 Jan 2002