Last modified: 2018-12-19 by rob raeside
Keywords: kolarovo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Kolárovo (named Gúta 1920-1948), in Hungarian Gúta has 11.007 inhabitants
(82,7% Hungarian; 1990 census). The town was in Komárom (Slovakian: Komárno)
County of Hungary to 1919/1920; Czechoslovakian occupation).1920-1938 Czechoslovakian,
1938-1944 Hungarian (after the Decision of Vienna). The Treaty of Paris
(1947) reallocated it to Czechoslovakia. It has a nice water-mill
István Molnár, 12 Jun 2000
It seems that the city of Kolárovo in Slovakia changed its flag again.
Have a look at this
Valentin Poposki, 22 May 2006
Maybe, maybe not - this is not the official (2x3) flag, but the long ceremonial vertical banner.
Info from that
The Town of Kolárovo (Gúta) is located in the Podunajská Lowland at the confluence of the Váh and Little Danube rivers. The western part of the plane land is on Great Rye Island, the medium part on boggy flats of the Little Danube, Váh, and Váh Danube rivers, the eastern part with many old shoulders and inland embankments at the flat of the Váh and Nitra rivers. About 11,000 inhabitants live between the dams at the Little Danube, out of which 82.6 % are of the Hungarian nationality, 16 % of the Slovak nationality and the rest 1.4 % of other nationality.
The village was mentioned for the first time in the year 1268 and during
its existence it changed its name several times (Stará Gúta, Veľká Gúta,
Malá Gúta). In the past, Žabí hrad (Frog Castle) (Békavár) stood on the
land of the village, according to some sources also called Békevár (Castle
of Peace), which was built under the rule of the Queen Mary in the year
1349. Since 1551 the village developed as a fortified market town with
the right of market.
which explains de outlined fort on flags and Coat of Arms.
Jarig Bakker, 23 May 2006
The new Coat of Arms is that with silver "plan of " an fortress against
Aleš Křižan, 22 Jan 2001