This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (U.S.)

Pomona, California

Last modified: 2022-09-10 by rick wyatt
Keywords: pomona | california state polytechnic institute | california | university | united states |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:


Institution

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona - "California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona, CPP, or Cal Poly ) is a public polytechnic university in Pomona, California. It is one of three polytechnic universities in the California State University system. Cal Poly Pomona began as the southern campus of the California Polytechnic School (today known as Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) in 1938 when the Voorhis School for Boys and its adjacent farm in the city of San Dimas were donated by Charles Voorhis and his son Jerry Voorhis. Cal Poly's southern campus grew further in 1949 when it acquired the University of California, W.K. Kellogg Institute of Animal Husbandry from the University of California. UC's W.K. Kellogg Institute of Animal Husbandry was located in the neighboring city of Pomona, California and had previously belonged to Will Keith Kellogg. Cal Poly Pomona, then known as Cal Poly Kellogg-Voorhis, and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo continued operations under a unified administrative control until they became independent from one another in 1966.. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Polytechnic_University,_Pomona 

Paul Bassinson, 22 June 2022


Seal

[Seal of California State Polytechnic Institute] image located by Paul Bassinson, 9 September 2017
Source: catalog.cpp.edu


Supporters flag

[California State Polytechnic Institute] image located by Paul Bassinson, 24 January 2020
Source