Last modified: 2019-12-30 by rick wyatt
Keywords: lake eustis sailing club | united states yacht club | florida |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Rob Raeside, 16 May 2019
Estb: 1953. Location: 1310 County Road 452, Eustis.
Burgee: Pennant circa 9:13 (web image). Field vertically divided red/blue (4/9 units) and charged, on the blue area, with a boat’s white mainsail overlapped with a light blue letter E, on the red area the boat's white jib, and on both areas a white hull.
"Available records indicate that the club was incorporated as “The Eustis Marine Club”, a corporation not-for-profit, on March 30, 1953.There is indication of informal activity, perhaps as early as 1950. Bylaws were adopted March 13, 1957 and revised January 8, 1970, at which time the name was changed to “The Lake Eustis Boating Club”.
The names Eustis Boat Club and Eustis Sailing Club were used synonymously until August 1982 when the name was changed to the Lake Eustis Sailing Club."
Source, accessed 14 May 2019, http://www.lescfl.com/About/HistoryandMission.aspx
Peter Edwards, 16 May 2019