Last modified: 2020-01-04 by rick wyatt
Keywords: mount dora yacht club | united states yacht club | florida |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Rob Raeside, 16 May 2019
Estb: 1913. Location: 351 West 4th. Avenue, Mount Dora.
Burgee: Pennant circa 6:9 (web image). Red field fimbriated blue on all sides and charged with a red letter D on a white equilateral triangle, based on hoist with sides of 4 units, forming a blue pall to the fly point.
"In 1913, Henry C. Fuller and a group of fellow boat owners met at his boathouse to discuss and make plans for organizing a yacht club. On May 26 of 1913, land was purchased at our present site. . . . The Club never closed its doors, even though World War II took a heavy toll on the membership. It remains the oldest inland waterways yacht club in Florida.”
Source: accessed 14 May 2019, http://mountdoraregatta.com/HISTORY
Peter Edwards, 15 May 2019
The Grand Traverse Yacht Club has a burgee of the Mount Dora where there's no
blue along the hoist edge.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 18 May 2019