Last modified: 2021-12-24 by rob raeside
Keywords: marcos juárez department | córdoba province | argentina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Arias municipality is in Department of Marcos Juarez in the Province of Cordoba, Argentina. It has population of 6,928 according to Census 2001.
Valentin Poposki, 06 Feb 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 18 August 2018
The municipality of Corral de Bustos Ifflinger (12,000 inhabitants) is located
in the south-east of Córdoba Province.
Ifflinger was established on 14 November 1901 by a German colonist, Carlos von Ifflinger. The railway station inaugurated the next year near the settlement by the Central Argentinean Railway was named Corral de Bustos, referring to an old post on Luis Bustos' ranch ("corral"), and a settlement of the same name developed around it. The two settlements were eventually merged, as were their names.
http://cronicasehistoriasferroviarias.blogspot.com/2012/02/enciclopedia-ferroviaria-54-corral-de.html Enciclopedia Ferroviaria
The flag of Corral de Bustos Ifflinger was designed by Juan Cruz Patrignani Selva, teacher in visual arts, winner of a public contest organized by the Local Commission of the Bicentenary of the Argentine Independence. The flag was unveiled on 21 June 2016.
The flag is made of three horizontal stripes, from top to bottom, celestial blue, white and green.
Celestial blue and white are the colors of the national flag, symbolizing the feeling of belonging to the Argentine Republic. The white stripe, as on the flag of Córdoba, represents the coexistence identity of the town, which has been irrigated with several migratory streams, originally Spanish and Italian, then Armenian, Jewish, Syrio-Lebanese, Greek, and, more recently, Bolivian, Paraguayan, Peruvian and Korean; all grew in peace, composing a genuine social and human melting pot dedicated to civilization and progress. White represents the purity of thoughts, liberty, social justice, wisdom, power, force to fostering initiative, constant search for new forces, and peace.
The green stripe represents the resources of the land belonging to the Wet Pampa, very favorable to agriculture and cattle-breeding. Green, means, among others, hope and abundance, values that the town will never drop, aspiration to grow and to be every day a better town, profusion of love, solidarity and fraternity.
In the center of the flag, on the white panel, is an interpretation of the heraldic symbols featured on the town's coat of arms. A shining and always renewed sun, source of life, hope and light, shaped like the Sun of May featured on the national and provincial flags. A gear recalling industry and the railway boom that gave birth to the town. In the central part and foreground, a burning torch representing art and sports, all fecund in Corral de Bustos Ifflinger.Yellow, the color of wheat, represents also the agricultural resources of the town and its zone of influence. It evokes the founders and early colonists who worked as farmers. Yellow represents also the sun, which, together with the celestial blue and white sky and the yellow crops, is part of the beautiful landscape, the Wet Pampa of Córdoba's South-East.
http://www.corraldebustos.gov.ar/municipalidad.asp?id=175 Municipal website
The coat of arms of Corral de Bustos Ifflinger is prescribed by Order No. 166 adopted on 13 January 1984, as described in Appendix I of the Municipal Constitution, which was last amended on 9 November 1995. The coat of arms was designed by members of the Painters' Group of the town. The interpretation of its heraldic symbol is based on the following elements.
The town of Corral de Bustos Ifflinger is located in the Córdoba Province, therefore the shape of the shield is the same as that of the province. The background, identifying the Argentine Republic, shows the colors of the national flag. The central cross emphasizes Christian faith while the gear wheel in steel color evokes the railway and industry. In the foreground, a violaceous torch, with the flame in reddish and orange shades, represents arts and sports, all fecund in the population. Atop the cross, a sun, source of live and hope gives to the cross a shade between copper and gold. Surrounding these symbols, two wheat spikes shaped like a laurel wreath allude to the agricultural resources of the town and its zone of influence.
Ivan Sache, 18 August 2018
The municipality of Los Surgentes (3,366 inhabitants in 2008) is located in the Marcos Juárez Department, 300 km south-east of Córdoba City, close to the border with the Santa Fe Province.
Los Surgentes emerged, as "Pueblo Carlos Sauberán", around a railway station (Rosario-Córdoba line) built on a plot owned by Carlos Sauberán (emigrated from France in 1884, died in 1933), whose name ("Estación Los Surgentes") was approved in 1910 by Ezequiel Ramos Mexía, Minister of the National Public Works. In 1911, Sauberán purchased from his two partners, Luis Saffores and Pedro Capdevielle, the whole land they had jointly bought in 1903. Sauberán asked the railway company to merge the "Estación Los Surgentes" and "Pueblo Carlos Sauberán" into a single one, which was renamed "Los Surgentes". This name, lit. "The Springings Up", comes from intermittent wells springing up from time to time from the aquifer. The official foundation date of the municipality is 4 November 1911, Sauberán being its first Mayor (1911-1920).
The Papagayos Mount, aka Chañarcillo de Los Loros, is located on the municipal territory of Los Surgentes. On 26 August 1810, the leaders of the monarchist May Counter-Revolution (Viceroy Santiago de Liniers, Governor of Córdoba Gutiérrez de la Concha, Victorino Rodríguez, Colonel Santiago Alejo de Allende and Joaquín Moreno). A local legend says that someone engraved on the tree used for the shooting the letters C.L.A.M.O.R. (lit., "scream"), standing for Gutiérrez de la *C*oncha, *L*iniers, *A*llende, *M*oreno, *O*rellana and *R*odríguez.
The flag of Los Surgentes is horizontally divided light blue-white-light blue. In the middle an orange Latin cross reaching the upper edge of the flag, superimposed with a white book outlined in green and charged with the black cursive writing "Los Surgentes / Córdoba" and surrounded by two ripe wheat spikes on each side.
The flag was designed by Enzo Mansilla, Lucas Rossi and Elías Juárez, alumni (1st Year "A") at the I.P.D.P.E.C. ("instituto Presbiterio 'Emilio Castoldi'), winners of the "Bandera sin Fronteras" (Flags without Frontiers) contest held in July 2006.
The main colors of the flag are those of the Argentine national flag. The orange cross symbolizes evangelisation and the presence of the Catholic faith in the municipality. The open book represents the significance of culture and education for the municipality; green symbolizes the flag designers' institute. The wheat spikes represent agriculture as the main source of income in the region and recalls that wheat was one of the first grain crops introduced in the local plains by the first settlers.
Ivan Sache, 19 Mar 2011