Last modified: 2013-04-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | guaiçara |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 3 April 2013
Guaiçara originates in the establishment of a railway station of the
same name, inaugurated on 24 June 1924. Guaiçara is the Tupi-Guarani name
of a tree common in the region, known to the botanists as Luetzelburgia guaissara Toledo.
The municipality of Guaiçara was established in 1955.
http://www.camaraguaicara.sp.gov.br - Website of the Municipal Chamber
The flag of Guaiçara is horizontally divided black-white-green-yellow with a red canton charged with the municipal coat of arms.