Last modified: 2020-06-20 by rob raeside
Keywords: saint-constant |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Saint-Constant (27,145 inhabitants in 2016; 5,730 ha) is
located on the southern bank of river Saint-Laurent, facing Montreal.
Saint-Constant was first settled in 1726. The parish of Côte-Saint-Pierre was erected in 1750 on the domain of Sault-Saint-Louis. According to a local legend, the chapel was dedicated to St. Constant as a tribute to Constant Le Marchand de Lignery, father of Jacques Le Marchand de Lignery, the priest serving the neighbouring parish of Nativité-de-la-Sainte-Vierge, highly estimated all over the region.
http://histoire-du-quebec.ca/st-constant - Histoire du Québec website
Ivan Sache, 29 March 2017
Saint-Constant has a new municipal flag.
White logo, Saint-Constant in black, below, on a lime green background.
Green is RGB 155, 205, 102
Dave Fowler, 22 May 2020
image by Ivan Sache, 29 March 2017
The flag is white with the municipal logo centred.