This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Colombia - Education Institutes Flags (C) - Part 2

Last modified: 2019-05-20 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See Also:


Carcasí, Instituto Agrěcola de

image resized from municpal website

"Instituto Agrěcola de Carcasí" (ITA) was founded on 16 April 1953 (Decree No. 0991) as "Escuela Vocacional Agrícola" at Carcasí, Department of Santander.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the institute's website, is divided green-white by the descending diagonal with a yellow wheat stem in the middle.
Green symbolizes the fields while white symbolizes purity and the aspiration to peace.
The wheat stem represents the soil fertility and the strength and progress of the local people.
Oddly enough, the very same flag is presented as the municipal flag, with the very same description, on the municpal website.
Ivan Sache, 14 April 2009

See also: Carcasi (Santander, Colombia).


Cardenal Aníbal Muñoz Duque, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 02 December 2014

Institución Educativa Cardenal Aníbal Muñoz Duque was established in Santa Rosa de Osos (Antioquia Department) by Departmental Resolution No. 1,469 of 20 February 2003 as the merger of Colegio Cardenal Aníbal Muñoz Duque, Escuela María Auxiliadora (est. 1914), Escuela Urbana Integrada Arenales (est. by Ordinance No. 33 of 30 December 1968) and Instituto Nuestra Señora del Carmen (est. 1920). Another three schools originally part of the merger were separated by Departmental Resolution No. 32,578 of 21 December 2009 to form Institución Educativa Marco Tobón Mejía.
Instituto Departamental de Enseñanza Media was established by Departmental Decree No. 113 of 11 February 1970 and renamed Instituto Departamental de Enseñanza Media Cardenal Aníbal Muñoz Duque by Departmental Decree No. 1,285 of 10 May 1991, Liceo Cardenal Aníbal Muñoz Duque by Departmental Decree No. 2,637 of 8 July 1996, and, eventually, Colegio Cardenal Aníbal Muñoz Duque by Departmental Decree No. 9,167 of 17 November 2000.
The institute is named for Aníbal Muñoz Duque (1908-1987), born in Santa Rosa de Osos. elevated to Cardinal (Cardinal-Priest of San Bartolomeo all’Isola) on 5 March 1973 by Pope Paul VI. He was also Bishop of Socorro y San Gil (1951) and of Bucaramanga (1952), Archbishop of Nueva Pamplona (1959) and Bogotá (1972-1984), and Military Bishop of Colombia (1972-1984).
The flag of the institute, prescribed by Resolution No. 2, adopted in October 1967, is horizontally divided red-green, with a vertical yellow stripe placed along the hoist. The yellow stripe represents the light that enlightens the academic and pedagogic advance of the institute. The red stripe represents force and struggle for personal and collective surpassing. The green stripe represents the aspiration of the children and teenagers to build up newer and better generations.
Source: http://www.iecamd.edu.co/nuestra-inst/simbolos-institucionales.html - institute's website
Ivan Sache, 02 December 2014


Cardenal Sancha, Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 20 July 2014

Colegio Cardenal Sancha was established on 10 February 1961 in Teusaquillo borough (Bogotá) by Helena Cruz and Germania Hernández, two Sisters of the Charity, a congregation founded in 1869 in Spain by Cardinal Sancha. The institute was relocated on 30 January 1967 to El Calleja borough. Ciriaco María Sancha y Hervás (1833-1909; beatified on 18 October 2009) was Bishop of Ávila (1882), Bishop of Madrid-Alcalá de Henares (1886), and Archbishop of Valencia (1892). He was appointed Cardinal on 18 May 1894 by Pope Leo XIII.

The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-Marian blue with the institute's emblem in the middle.

The emblem of the institute features:
- a lion, emblem of the Sancha family and a symbol of virtue and maturity;
- a tree, emblem of the Hervás family and a symbol of growth;
- a cross, emblem of redemption and a symbol of love, sacrifice and charity;
- a collar, emblem of the awards granted to Cardinal Sancha.
http://www.colegiocardenalsancha.edu.co/simbolos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 20 July 2014


Cárdenas Mirriñao, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 9 January 2009

"Colegio de la Libertad" was founded on 5 February 1868 in the presbytery of Palmira (Department of Valle), with classes in French, Spanish, Arithmetics, Economics and Geography. The institute was subsequently relocated into a former colonial tobacco warehouse; in 1929, it was renamed "Colegio de Cárdenas", as a tribute to the local politician Vincent de Cárdenas (1811-1880), Senator and Governor of different departments.
In September 2002 (Decree No. 1784), the Department of Valle split "Colegio de Cárdenas";  the former secondary seat of the institute located in the borough of Mirriñao became "Institución Educativa Cárdenas de Mirriñao", incorporating  the "Benilda Caicedo", "Ricardo Nieto", "Gran Colombia" institutes and "Centro de Educación Especial Carlos Arturo Rodríguez".
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the webpage of the institute, is vertically divided crimson-white-blue, representing the religious values, purity, and the seas and heavens, respectively.
Ivan Sache, 9 January 2009


Caribe, Universidad Autónoma del

image from web.uautonoma.edu.co

The Universidad Autónoma del Caribe (Autonomous University of the Caribbean) is located in Barranquilla. The university flag can be seen at web.uautonoma.edu.co: "Al igual que el escudo, la creación de la bandera, se remonta a los orígenes de la Universidad. Una raya transversal de color amarillo cae sobre un fondo rojo. El centro de la bandera de la Universidad Autónoma del Caribe, está engalanado con el escudo.".
Ron Lahav and Eugene Ipavec, 18 February 2007

The UAC or Uniautónoma (Universidad Autónoma del Caribe) was founded on July 25, 1967.
Source: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universidad_Aut%C3%B3noma_del_Caribe
Its flag is seen in the following pictures: Picture 1 (Source: http://www.eduplan.us/es/executive/ ) (The flag is the second from left to right)
Picture 2 (Source: http://amisraelcolombia.org/5221-aprendiendo-a-convivir-por-ti-por-mi/silvia-guette-rectora-universidad-autonoma-del-caribe) (The flag is the second from left to right)
The flag is a horizontal yellow flag with the logo in the middle.
For further information please see: UAC (official website)
Esteban Rivera, 06 June 2011


Carlos Alberto Olano Valderrama, Institución Educativa Técnica

image by Ivan Sache, 17 November 2014

Institución Educativa Técnica Carlos Alberto Olano Valderrama is located in Belén (Boyacá Department). The institute is named for the lawyer Dr. Carlos Alberto Olano Valderrama (d. 1993), Professor of Constitutional Law at Universidad La Gran Colombia (1970-1795), of Transportation Law at Universidad Santo Tomás (1976) and of Constitutional Law at Universidad Militar Nueva Granada (1976-1984). He was Senator (1961-1966) and Minister of Work and Public Safety (1965-1966). In Belén, he managed a cheese factory with his uncle Marco Aurelio (full biography).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-white-green (2:1:1).
Source http://iecaovbelen.jimdo.com/s%C3%ADmbolos-institucionales/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 17 November 2014


Carlos Arturo Torres, INEM

image by Ivan Sache, 26 September 2014

INEM Carlos Arturo Torres was established in Tunja (Boyacá Department) by Decree No. 1,962 of 20 November 1969. Classes started on 1 April 1972.
The institute is named for the writer, journalist and politician Carlos Arturo Torres Peña (1867-1911). He published in 1909 his three most significant works, "Obra Poética", "Estudios Ingleses", and "Idola Fori". A moderate member of the Liberal Party, he served as Ministry of the Treasure (1903) and Ministry of the Interior (1904).
The symbols of the institute was designed by the teachers Ernesto Hernández Zambrano (Department of Industrial Education) and Blanca Mancipe de Hernández (Department of Humanities and Spanish language). The flag is red with a broad white diagonal stripe charged with the institute's emblem. The emblem features a double-headed eagle, the heraldic emblem of the town of Tunja.
Source: http://inemtunja.edu.co/institucional_simbolos.php - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 26 September 2014


Carlos Hernández Yaruro, Instituto Tecnológico

image by Ivan Sache, 8 January 2009

"Instituto Tecnológico Carlos Hernández Yaruro" located in the village of La Ermita, Municipality of Ocaña, Department of Norte del Santander, was recognized by the Department of Norte del Santander on 19 May 1997 (Decree No. 016), as the successor of an institute founded in 1945 by the late Dr. Carlos Hernández Yaruro for the education of farmers' children.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-dark red ("vino tinto", lit., "red wine").
White means purity and loyalty, commitment to conquest and preservation of peace.
Dark red means the products of effort.
Ivan Sache, 8 January 2009


Carlos Julio Torrado Peñaranda, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 14 November 2010

Colegio Carlos Julio Torrado Peñaranda (COLCAJUTO), located in Abrego (Department of Norte de Santander), was founded on 6 July 1988 by Carlos Julio Torrado Peñaranda; on 30 September 2002, Departmental Decree No. 764 created Institución Educativa Carlos Julio Torrado Peñaranda by the merging of Colegio Carlos Julio Torrado Peñaranda, Escuela Simón Bolívar and Escuela La Piñuela.
The flag of COLCAJUTO, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is yellow with a green triangle placed along the hoist and separated from the yellow field by two chevrons, white and blue, respectively. Green represents the aspiration to an educational project and the green pastures. White represents peace and tolerance encompassed in the educational project. Blue represents the sky and the crystalline local waters. Yellow represents light and wealth.
Source: http://colcajuto.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=64
Ivan Sache, 14 November 2010


Carlos Pérez Escalante, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 26 September 2014

Institución Educativa Carlos Pérez Escalante was established in 2002 in Cúcuta (Norte de Santander Department) as the merger of Colegio Departamental Carlos Pérez Escalante (est. by Ordinance No. 15 of 30 November 1978), Colegio Departamental Integrado San Luis (est. by Ordinance No. 21 of 7 December 1987), Escuela Marco Fidel Suárez (est. in 1900, as Escuela Pública de Varones), Escuela Santa Isabel de Hungria (est. by Decree No. 618 of 7 February 1988), and Escuela Nuestra Señora de Chiquinquira (est. 21 February 1973). The institute is named for Carlos Pérez Escalante, Governor of the Norte de Santander Department (1971-1973).
The flag of the institute, designed by Cristóbal Molina García, is horizontally divided green-white-red with the institute's emblem in the middle, a yellow star in the middle of the green stripe, a yellow star in the middle of the red star, and two yellow stars surrounding the emblem in the white stripe. Green is a symbol of hope, prosperity, and natural environment. White is a symbol of purity and honesty. Red is a symbol of force, energy, blood, and power. The stars represent the four schools merged to form the institute.
Source: http://iecarpes.edu.co/portal/nuestro-colegio/simbolos/ - Institute's website
The emblem of the institute, designed by Ramiro Rozo Gómez, is diagonally divided by a green-white-red stripe, representing the institute's flag. The golden background represents our resources. The upper part of the emblem features a book inscribed with the letters "IECPE", the institute's initials. The book is a symbol of knowledge. The lower part of the emblem features a burning torch, representing the master who shows the light and the way to knowledge.
The shield has a white border inscribed with the name of the institute and charged in the upper part with four yellow stars, as on the flag. The shield is surmounted by a red scroll inscribed with "EXCELENCIA" (Excellence) in black letters, symbolizing the mission, vision, and philosophy of the institute. Beneath the shield, another red scroll is inscribed with the institute's motto, "Ciencia y Virtud" (Science and Virtue).
Source: http://iecarpes.edu.co/portal/nuestro-colegio/simbolos/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 26 September 2014


Carlos Pizarro Leongómez, Institución Educativa Distrital Colegio

image by Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018

IED Colegio Carlos Pizarro Leongómez is located in Bosa (Bogotá). The school is named for Carlos Pizarro Leongómez (1951-1990). Expelled from Universidad Javeriana after having organized a strike, Pizarro joined the Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC) in 1968. A founding member in 1971 of Movimiento 19 de Abril (M-19), he was involved in most guerilla actions organized by the movement. Jailed from 1979 to 1983, Pizarro resumed armed struggle until the cease-of-fire signed on 24 August 1984. The truce was broken after the attempt against the M-19 spokesperson, Antonio Navarro Wolff (b. 1948); Pizarro organized Batallón América, active in Cauca Department. On 5 November 1985, M-19 assaulted the Palace of Justice in Bogotá. Ten days later, the building was seized by the army; ten magistrates of the Supreme Court and more than 100 guerilleros and soldiers were killed during the event. On 13 March 1986, Pizarro succeeded Alvaro Fayad (1946-1986) as the leader of M-19. On 25 January 1990, M-19 abandoned armed struggle and morphed into a political party, Alianza Democrática M-19. Pizarro announced on 9 March 1990 he would be candidate to the municipal election in Bogotá, and, 15 days later, to the presidential election. Pizarro promoted a nationalist, Bolivarian program based on social equity, tolerance and respect of ideological pluralism. Murdered on 26 April in a plane flying to Baranquilla, Pizarro was succeeded by Antonio Navarro Wolff, who would be the first ex-guerillero to be appointed Minister (Minister of Health; 1990-1991).
https://sites.google.com/site/colpizarro/natalia-mallama
School website

The flag of IED Colegio Carlos Pizarro Leongómez, designed by Angie Coca, contains ascending curve lines, which represent the different stages of life. The yellow disk represents light as a guide and a source of joy and love for the school. Blue represents the sky and water, expressing confidence, friendship and liberty, which are fundamental values to be taught and increased at the school. White represents peace, childhood, innocence, calm, harmony and the purity of our actions. Green represents hope and aspiration to be better every new day.
https://sites.google.com/site/colpizarro/simbolos-institucionales
School website
Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018


Carlos Vieco Ortiz, Institución Educativa

image by Ivan Sache, 22 September 2014

Institución Educativa Carlos Vieco Ortiz was established in San Javier (Antioquia Department) by Resolution No. 16,432 of 20 December 2010, as the separation of three components from Institución Educativa Benedikta Zur Nieden: Escuela Vieco Ortiz, Escuela Municipal San Javier, and Escuela Juan de Dios Aránzazu. The institute is named for the musician and composer Carlos Vicente Ortiz (1905-1975), of national and international fame, author of more than 3,000 works.
Source: http://www.carlosvieco.edu.co - Institute's website
The flag is horizontally divided orange-white-blue (2:1:2), with the institute's emblem in the middle. Orange, taken from the flag of Escuela Vieco Ortiz, is a symbol of force and enthusiasm for integral education of respectful and responsible men and women. White, taken from the flag of Escuela Municipal San Javier, is a symbol of peace, purity, and open expression of the students, commitment to truth, and belonging to the institute. Blue, taken from the flag of Escuela Juan de Dios Aránzazu, is a symbol of serenity, faith, creativity, harmony, and tolerance.
The emblem of the institute is made of a Swiss-shaped shield placed on a white background and surrounded by a ring inscribed with the name of the institute in black letters. The shield is horizontally divided in three horizontal stripes. The upper, orange and white stripe, is structured like a curtain, as a symbol of the opening of the institute to change, and inscribed with the institute's values, "TOLERANCIA" (Tolerance), "PERTINENCIA" (Belonging), "RESPETO" (Respect), and "RESPONSABILIDAD" (Responsibility). The median, blue stripe, is charged with the symbol of perpetual improvement, based on the cycle "To plan, to act, to check, to adjust". Inside the cycle is an antenna symbolizing the used of technological means of information for the improvement of basic skills, and, on its side, the checking symbol that allows the identification of improvement actions. The lower, orange stripe is charged with an open book, whose left page is inscribed with the letters "ABC".
Source: http://www.carlosvieco.edu.co/gestion-directiva/simbolos - Institute's website
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/116080435008534669377/EvidenciasDeProyectosObligatorios2014#6036998381126228546
https://picasaweb.google.com/116080435008534669377/EventosYActosCivicos2012#5740331968624897026
https://picasaweb.google.com/116080435008534669377/LanzamientoDeSimbolos#5674302809888365810
https://picasaweb.google.com/116080435008534669377/DiaDelProfesorCarlosVieco2014#6037013079671871586
https://picasaweb.google.com/116080435008534669377/DiaDelMaestro#5747917525321582722
https://picasaweb.google.com/116080435008534669377/PosesionGobiernoEscolar2013#5858717470073979410
Ivan Sache, 22 September 2014