This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hanstein-Rusteberg Administrative Community (Germany)

Verwaltungsgemeinschaft Hanstein-Rusteberg, Landkreis Eichsfeld, Thüringen

Last modified: 2021-03-27 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: hanstein-rusteberg | arenshausen | bornhagen | burgwalde | freienhagen | fretterode | gerbershausen | hohengandern | kirchgandern | lindewerra | marth | rohrberg | rustenfelde | schachtebich | wahlhausen | wheel | mount | goose | cresce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Hohengandern municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2013
municipal banner of Hohengandern, seat of the community See also:

Administrative Community / (Verwaltungsgemeinschaft )


Arenshausen Municipality

Arenshausen Banner

[Arenshausen municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 27 Mar 2013

It is a green-white-green vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Arenshausen Coat of Arms

The shield is divided into red over green by a silver chevron. Above right in a red field is a silver bend sinister. Above left in a red field is a silver 6-spokes wheel. Beneath in the green field is a silver angel lined black holding a book, charged with a cross, in his hands.
Meaning:
The angel already appeared on local seals until 1953. He is representing St. Matthew the Apostle. The chevron is representing the initial letter "A" in the communes name and , as a roof, the suffix "-hausen" as well. The bend wavy is representing Leine River. Finally the wheel is alluding to the Archbishops of Mainz, the former ruler.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.25
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

The banner was approved on 8 July 1996
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Bornhagen Municipality

Bornhagen Banner

[Bornhagen municipal banner] image by Jens Pattke, 16 July 2016

It is a white-red vertical bicolour with cnetred coat of arms .
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Bornhagen, version 23 March 2016
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Bornhagen Coat of Arms

The shield of Bornhagen, incl. Rimbach village is quartered of blue and silver. Above right are two embattled silver towers of different height, both masoned black and with windows blue. Above left is a red 6-spokes wheel. Below right is a silver embattled field, completely masoned black and charged with three waxing crescents ordered 2:1. Below left are two silver pallets wavy in a blue field.
Meaning:
The wheel is probably related to the Archbishops of Mainz, the former rulers, here depicted in counterchanged colours. The crescents are probably taken from the arms of the Hanstein kin.
Source: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Bornhagen, version 23 March 2016
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Burgwalde Municipality

Burgwalde Banner

[Burgwalde municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 28 Mar 2013

It is a yellow-red vertical bicolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Burgwalde Coat of Arms

The shield is red with a golden bordure. It displays a knight dressed in golden clad armour, riding a silver horse bridled golden, and killing a black dragon by a golden lance with a white pennant at its top, charged with a red throughout cross.
Meaning:
The bordure is a canting element, because the village was first mentioned in 1318 as "Bortwold", which means "grove on the edge" or "wood on the border". The knight, obviously St. George, is the local patron saint, here depicted as usual as a dragon slayer.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.43
The banner was approved on 19 May 1993.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Freienhagen Municipality

Freienhagen Banner

[Freienhagen municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 28 Mar 2013

It is a white-red vertical bicolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Freienhagen Coat of Arms

The shield is mantled. Above right in a red field is a silver bell, charged with a black Latin cross. Above left in a red field is an embowed silver bottle. Below in a silver field is a red 6-spokes wheel.
Meaning:
The bell already appeared in the local seal (1952-1953) and is referring to the most important bell-foundry in the Eichsfeld. The bottle is representing the glass kilns, which had been here since 1527. The wheel,here in counterchanged colours, is representing the Archbishops of Mainz, the former rulers.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.53
The banner was approved on 25 May 1993.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Fretterode Municipality

Fretterode Banner

[Fretterode municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 29 Mar 2013

It is a yellow-green-yellow vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the green stripe.
Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Fretterode, version 11 October 2010
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Jan 2016

Fretterode Coat of Arms

The shield is silver, displaying a green bag with golden cord. Issuant from bag are green plants of lentils with five blue blossoms and six green hulls.
Meaning:
The same motive was displayed in local seals until 1953.
Source: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Fretterode, version 11 October 2010
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 11 Jan 2016


Gerbershausen Municipality

Gerbershausen Banner

[Gerbershausen municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 29 Mar 2013

It is a red-white-red vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe. with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Sources: Stefan Schwoon's database and 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Gerbershausen, version 1 March 2011
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Gerbershausen Coat of Arms

The shield is red, displaying a silver warrior, issuant from base, bearing a golden spear in his right hand and a shield, parted per pale of gold and blue in his left hand. The shield has a silver flanche at sinister, charged with a red cross, issuant from base.
Source: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Gerbershausen, version 1 March 2011
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Hohengandern Municipality

Hohengandern Banner

It is a green-white-green vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe.
Sources: Stefan Schwoon's database and 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Gerbershausen, version 3 November 2011
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Hohengandern Coat of Arms

The shield is gyronny of six, in the upper half of green and red, and in the lower half of silver and green (or: clockwise from first field: green-red-green-silver-green-silver). In centre is a red disc. In the red gyron is a silver goose volant issuant. In both silver gyrons is a green oak leaf. In the green gyron below are three silver waxing crescents, ordered 1:2.
Meaning:
The male goose (German: Ganter) is a canting element. The leavesare probably representing the Eichsfeld region.
Source: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Gerbershausen, version 3 November 2011
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Kirchgandern Municipality

Kirchgandern Banner

[Kirchgandern municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 30 Mar 2013

It is a blue-white-blue vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Kirchgandern Coat of Arms

The shield is blue, displaying a silver goose volant, issuant from its neck a silver barrulet, on its breast a red inescutcheon, charged with a silver 6-spokes wheel.
Meaning:
The male goose (German: Ganter) is a canting element. The inescutcheon is alluding to the Archbishops of Mainz, the former rulers.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.77
The banner was approved on 12 October 1993.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Lindewerra Municipality

Lindewerra Banner

[Lindewerra municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 31 Mar 2013

It is a blue-white vertical bicolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Lindewerra Coat of Arms

The shield is silver with two black walking sticks in saltire, over all a green linden leaf surrounded by a blue horseshoe.
Meaning:
Leaf and horseshoe are canting resp. punning elements, the former representing the many local linden trees on the banks of werra River, the latter representing a loop of Werra River. The walking sticks are symbolizing the local production of these sticks.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.86
The banner was approved on 19 July 1994.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Marth Municipality

Marth Banner

[Marth municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 31 Mar 2013

It is a blue-yellow-blue vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the yellow stripe.
Sources: Stefan Schwoon's database and 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of Marth, version 17 November 2010
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Marth Coat of Arms

The shield is blue, displaying a silver castle masoned black, with embattled wall and embattled central tower; issuant from wall are two golden halberds, one at either side. Issuant from base is a red mount, charged with a silver 6-spokes wheel, filling the port of the castle completely.
Meaning:
The wheel is referring to the Archbishops of Mainz, the former rulers. At least until 1997 existed a completely different coat of arms with a bordure, uncoloured however and displaying a herald of the Archbishop of Mainz, recognizable by his pennant and shield, both displaying the wheel of Mainz. That herald also appeared on local seals until 1953 and from 1991 to 1994.
Sources: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.89 and 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Marth, version 17 November 2010
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Rohrberg Municipality

Rohrberg Banner

[Rohrberg municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 1 Apr 2013

It is a green-white-green vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Rohrberg Coat of Arms

The shield is parted per bend. Above in a silver field is a green mount issuant, charged with a silver 6-spokes wheel. Beneath in a golden field are three bulrushes, leaved vert and seeded black.
Meaning:
The mount and the bulrushes are canting elements, as the municipality's name means "mountain of bulrushes". The wheel is alluding to the Archbishops of Mainz, the former rulers.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.98
The banner was approved on 29 March 1996.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Rustenfelde Municipality

Rustenfelde Banner

[Rustenfelde municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 1 Apr 2013

It is a green-white-green vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Rustenfelde Coat of Arms

The shield is golden. Issuant from base is a green mount rising up to the chief. It is crowned by a green Greek crosslet and charged with a key and a sword in saltire, both golden. In base the mount is charged with a silver barrulet wavy.
Meaning:
The mount is representing the Rusteberg, name giver of the VG. The village is located at its bottom. The crosslet is symbolizing the ruins of a castle of the reeves of the Archbishops of Mainz. Today only the chapel remained. Key and sword are the attributes of St. Peter and St. Paul, being the local patron saints.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.101
The banner was approved on 4 November 1996.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Schachtebich Municipality

Schachtebich Banner

[Schachtebich municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Apr 2013

It is a red-white-red vertical tricolour, divided 1:4:1 with coat of arms shifted to the top within the white stripe.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Schachtebich Coat of Arms

The shield is parted per fess wavy. Above in a red field is a golden mitre, garnished by five torteaux and lined black, flanked by two silver bulrushes seeded black. Beneath in a blue field is a silver fish. Both fields are separated by a silver barrulet wavy.
Meaning:
Bullrushes, fish and barrulet wavy are symbolizing the swamps around the village and the local village pond as well. The mitre is representing St. Magnus, the local patron saint.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.102
The banner was approved on 27 December 1995.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


Wahlhausen Municipality

Wahlhausen Banner

[Wahlhausen municipal banner] image by Jörg Majewski, 2 Apr 2013

It is a green-white vertical bicolour with coat of arms shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016

Wahlhausen Coat of Arms

The shield is parted per fess. At dexter in a silver field are three black, waxing crescents, ordered 2:1. At sinister in a golden field is a black church. The shield has a green base charged with a bar wavy over a barrulet wavy, both silver.
Meaning:
The crescents are taken from the arms of the Hanstein kin. Bar and barrulet in base are representing Werra River and Walse Creek. The church is representing the local baroque church from 1718, being part of the cultural heritage.
Source: "Wappen und Siegel der Städte und Gemeinden des Landkreises Eichsfeld", edited by Kultur und Sportamt des Landkreises Eichsfeld, Duderstadt 1997, p.119
The banner was approved on 30 June 1993.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 15 Oct 2016


back to Eichsfeld cities and municipalities click here