This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Kyritz City (Germany)

Stadt Kyritz, Landkreis Ostprignitz-Ruppin, Brandenburg

Last modified: 2019-04-04 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: kyritz | gate | inescutcheon | fleur-de-lis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Kyritz city flag] 3:5 image by Jörg Majewski, 12 Nov 2006
Flag adopted 6 Jul 2005 See also:

The city of Kyritz carried out a public discussion about a new coat of arms and a flag within the years 2004 and 2005. On 20 April 2005 the city council decided, supported by the majority, a variant of the coat of arms, which was already led before in similar and new flag and banner of the city.
Jörg Majewski, 12 Nov 2006

Kyritz Flag

It is a yellow monocolour with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 12 Nov 2006

Banner

[Kyritz city banner] 5:2 image by ,

It is a yellow monocolour with centred arms.
Source: this online catalogue
Jörg Majewski, 12 Nov 2006

Kyritz Tricolour

[Kyritz old flag] 3:5 image by Stefan Schwoon, 15 Apr 2001

The flag was yellow-green-blue with the centred arms from the DDR era. According to source the flag had been yellow-white-yellow until 1945. After 1990 the current tricolour was adopted.
Source: Günther 1996c
Stefan Schwoon, 15 Apr 2001

Kyritz Coat of Arms

Shield Argent, a castle Gules with four towers and wall and port closed, covered with a green inescutcheon with a golden fleur-de-lis.
Meaning:
The arms are based on the oldest known city seal of the city from around 1300. with the small shield of the Lords of Plotho, to which the city belonged in the 13th century. The present arms show the small shield in historical colours (see also Wusterhausen). In the 17th-19th century the arms were also often shown as only a fleur-de-lis Or on blue shield. They had been displayed this way also by Hupp in the late 19th century. During the DDR times the fleur-de-lis was shown as golden on a green field like in the present arms. In the late 1990ies the city used arms with a red fleur-de-lis in a silver inescutcheon., see below. In 2005 the DDR pattern was restored.
Source: Ralf Hartemink's webpage
Jörg Majewski, 12 Nov 2006

Flag, banner and arms were approved on 6 July 2005 by Minister of Interior of Brandenburg.
Jörg Majewski, 12 Nov 2006


back to Ostprignitz-Ruppin cities and municipalities click here