This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Gonzanamá Canton (Loja, Ecuador)

Cantón Gonzanamá

Last modified: 2018-11-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: ecuador | loja | gonzanamá |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



by Ivan Sache (based upon Dirk Schonberger original), 28 October 2001


Parishes:

See also:

Other Sites:


Overview

Gonzanamá canton (11,040 ha) is composed of the urban parish of Gonzanamá and of the rural parishes of Changalmina, Nambacola, Purunuma, and Sacapalca. In 1989, the parishes of Quilanga and Las Aradas were separated to form the new Quilanga canton, causing a loss of 1,700 ha to Gonzanamá.
The canton was established by Legislative Decree No. 928, adopted on 27 September 1943, and inaugurated on 1 December 1943. Supreme Decree No. 936, adopted on 8 August 1938, was nullified by the military coup led by General Enrique Gallo, postponing the establishment of the canton for another five years.

http://www.gonzanama.gob.ec/
Ivan Sache, 11 September 2018


The Flag

The flag of Gonzanamá is bicolor with two stripes of equal size placed horizontally, the upper, blue, and the lower, green.

Blue is a symbol of nobleness, magnanimity and highness of thought; it also represents the blue, clear sky covering the region.
Green (or vert) is a symbol of wealth, hope, peace and joy. It is related to the canton's green fields.
A tricolor sash, symbolizing the national colors, shall be attached at the staff's top. The staff is red, ending with a spear arrow as a symbol of force and defense of the colors.

http://www.gonzanama.gob.ec/index.php/gonzanama/simbolos-patrios
Canton website
Ivan Sache, 11 September 2018


Coat of Arms


from <www.hcpl.gov.ec>, located by Dov Gutterman, 16 March 2004