Last modified: 2014-05-24 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: morona-santiago | morona | santiago | gualaquiza |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Eugene Ipavec, 20 June 2006
The canton was formed on 16 August 1944.
The flag and arms are presented on the municipal website: "The flag is made of a horizontal rectangle divided in two parts by a line descending from the upper left corner to the lower right corner, green in the upper part and yellow in the lower part. The symbolics of the colours is the following: Green: The greenness of the forest and the abundant vegetation. It represents the economic hope for those who live from agriculture and cattle-breeding. The exuberancy of its mountains and fields including big timer trees, grasslands and arable crops, and the hope of the inhabitants [..] Yellow represents life, fecundity and agricultural resources, cattle- breeding, mining, etc."
Ivan Sache, 25 October 2008
image from municipal website