This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Ronchin (Municipality, Nord, France)

Last modified: 2021-01-30 by ivan sache
Keywords: ronchin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag]         [Flag]

Flag of Ronchin, current and former flags - Images by Olivier Touzeau, 13 July 2020

See also:

Presentation of Ronchin

The municipality of Ronchin (19,477 inhabitants in 2018; 542 ha; municipal website) is located just north of Lille.

Ronchin was first mentioned in 877, as Rumcinium, named for brambles (French, "ronces"). The town's name was fixed to Ronchin in the 13th century. The inhabitants of Ronchin are called "bruants", the local name of maybugs, once very common in the brambles. Ronchin is composed of three main boroughs:
Grand Ronchin (Greater Ronchin), the town's historical center, was originally built around a farm. A modern garden-city was established in the 1950s to house some 6,500 inhabitants, replacing pastures, fields and quarries once located between Grand and Petit Ronchin.
Petit Ronchin (Little Ronchin) borough had its first house erected in 1837. Transformed in a cabaret-inn, the house was the place of birth of Bruno Coquatrix (1910-1979), owner and manager of the famous music-hall "L'Olympia" in Paris from 1954 to his death, also Mayor of Cabourg from 1971 to his death. The Lebrun estates, erected in a row in 1906, are the last remains of the borough's early urbanization.
Champ du Cerf was established as a brand new borough in 1972.

Ivan Sache, 5 August 2020

Flag of Ronchin

The flag of Ronchin (photo, photo, photo, photo, photo) is blue with the "R" from the logo in white and yellow and several parts of other letters from the logo, in a lighter shade of blue.
The new logo, unveiled in January 2018 and based on public survey made in 2017, is formed of letters with complemntary parts.

The former flag of Ronchin (photo, photo) was white with the former municipal logo, which was designed in the late 1970s. The logo features the tower of the St. Rictrude parish church (photo).

Olivier Touzeau & Ivan Sache, 5 August 2020