This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Roost-Warendin (Municipality, Nord, France)

Last modified: 2021-01-31 by ivan sache
Keywords: roost-warendin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Roost-Warendin - Image by Olivier Touzeau, 16 December 2020

See also:

Presentation of Roost-Warendin

The municipality of Roost-Warendin (6,089 inhabitants in 2018; 716 ha) is located 40 km of Lille and 10 km north-east of Douai.

The Compagnie des mines de l'Escarpelle Mining exploited in Roost-Warendin coal pits No. 1 and No. 9. The latter was the last pit to be closed in the department of Nord and the penultimate in the region.
Built in 1743 on an area of 25 hectares, Castle Bernicourt was previously (around 1374) a manor with a courtyard. Owned by landlords until the beginning of the 20th century, the castle was used by the colliery from 1930 to 1985 to use white collars and employees. Acquired in 1985 by the municipality of Roost-Warendin and restored, it was opened to the public in 1989, hosting temporary exhibitions on the ground floor and an eco-museum on the 1st floor and in the cellar. A project of regional center of tales and legends is planned for the vacant parts of the farmhouse.

Olivier Touzeau, 16 December 2020

Flag of Roost-Warendin

The flag of Roost-Warendin (photo, photo) is white with the municipal logo, which features the name of the municipality in gray and the gates of the park of Castle Bernicourt.

Olivier Touzeau, 16 December 2020