This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Veszpremvarsany (Gyor-Moson-Sopron County, Hungary)

Veszprémvarsány

Last modified: 2014-04-19 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: hungary | gyor-moson-sopron | papa | veszpremvarsany | bakony | zirc | mace | corn | leaf | church |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




by Istvan Molnar, 4 December 2000



See also:


Overview

Veszprémvarsány is a village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (36 km east) on the border  of the Little Hungarian Plains and the Bakony Mountains. The village has got 1.080 inhabitants (1990 census), nearly all of them are Hungarians. Neighbouring settlements are: Lázi, Románd, Bakonygyirót, Bakonyszentlászló, Bakonyszentkirály, Réde and Sikátor villages. In 1910 Veszprémvarsány was a village in the Zirc district of Veszprém County. Number of inhabitants in 1910: 1.398; 1.358 (97.1%) Hungarian, 39 (2.8%) German and 1 (0.1%) others by mother tongue, 870 (62.2%) Roman Catholic, 401 (28.7%) Lutheran, 94 (6.7%) Calvinist and 33 (2.4%) other by religion.
Istvan Molnar, 4 December 2000

Veszprémvarsány village joined Gyor-Moson-Sopron county on 20th October 2002.
Istvan Molnar, 31 October 2002


Vertical Flag


by Istvan Molnar, 4 December 2000


Coat of Arms


by Istvan Molnar, 4 December 2000

Description of the coat of arms: The first and the fourth fields are green, the second and the third fields are silver. In the first field there is a mace relates to the Protestant inhabitants of the village, in the second field there is a silhouette of the Roman Catholic church relates to the Roman Catholic settlers, in the third field there is a corn and a leaf relate to the agriculture, the three hills relate to the three hill of the village (Herceg (Prince), Köveshegy (Stony Hill), Ebédlátó (Lunch-Seeing)) and the three county bordered the village. In the fourth field there is the old seal of the village.
Istvan Molnar, 4 December 2000


The Seal


by Istvan Molnar, 4 December 2000

The village uses the old seal from 1788.
Istvan Molnar, 4 December 2000