Last modified: 2017-03-11 by ivan sache
Keywords: ivančna gorica | Šentvid pri stični | višnja gora |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Ivančna Gorica - Image by Žejlko Heimer, 25 June 2010
The municipality of Ivančna Gorica (16,162 inhabitants in 2016, 22,700 ha) was formed in 1995 by separation from Grosuplje.
Željko Heimer, 10 August 2002
The flag of Ivančna Gorica is prescribed by Decision Odlok o zastavi občine Ivančna Gorica (text), published in the municipal official gazette Uradni vestnik Občine Ivančna Gorica, 5/1996.
The flag is in proportions 1:2, horizontally divided white-green with the municipal coat of arms in the middle. The width of the coat of arms is 1/4 of the flag length.
Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05] gives the colour specifications as:
- Yellow: Pantone 102
- Green, Pantone 355.
Željko Heimer, 25 June 2010
Coat of arms of Ivančna Gorica - Image by Žejlko Heimer, 25 June 2010
The coat of arms of Ivančna Gorica is prescribed by Decision Odlok o grbu Občine Ivančna Gorica (text), published in the municipal official gazette Uradni vestnik Občine Ivančna Gorica, 5/1996.
The white element shown on the coat of arms is called Abbot Lavrencij Sign; it is a man high tower-like monument. This 15th century abbot from Stična abbey is reknown for his manuscripts.
Željko Heimer, 24 April 2004
Coat of arms of Šentvid pri Stični - Image by Žejlko Heimer, 8 February 2006
According to Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05], Šentvid pri Stični adopted between the two World Wars the coat of arms of the local Cistercian monastery, which is apprently still used by the local community,"Or on a masoned wall argent with battlements doorway and four loopholes
standing a bird maroon reversed to sinister".
There is no record of a matching flag.
Željko Heimer, 8 February 2006
Flag, horizontal and vertical versions, and coat of arms of Višnja Gora - Images by Žejlko Heimer, 18 August 2007
According to Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05], the town of Višnja Gora was granted municipal rights in 1478, as well as a coat of arms showing a masoned wall with doors and two roofed towers. It is shown in various small variants throughout the history (often under the German name of Weichslburg). For the celebration of the 520 years of the town, a new coat of arms was adopted, "Azure on a mount vert a masoned city gate with opened doors and two towers roofed gules and in the chief an inescutcheon vert bordered or a snail orgent gorged and chained".
The flag was also adopted in 1998 as a blue-white-blue vertically divided flag with the coat of arms set in the middle.
The snail is a part of a local legend. The citizens of the town were given a golden snail shell by the relatives of a knight wounded in the battle at Sisak (1593), who was nursed in Višnja Gora. Since then, the golden shell was lost, but the legend remained.
The flag in actual use is notably different; it is a vertical version of the flag with the coat of arms appropriately rotated and it is using a lighter shade of blue.
Željko Heimer & Tomislav Šipek, 18 August 2007