Last modified: 2012-02-25 by ivan sache
Keywords: ravne na koroskem | tree |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Ravne na Koroškem, horizontal and vertical versions - Images by Željko Heimer, 4 October 2002
The municipality of Ravne na Koroškem adopted in 1989 for coat of arms the old coat of arms of the town of Ravne, though in a modern artistic redention. Also, the flag was adopted to be bicolour based on the coat of arms. When in 1995 the newly created municipality was renamed Ravne-Prevalje, the symbols were retained, as well as when in 1998 the municipality of Prevaljeseceded, and the old name was restored, now for a territorially much smaller municipality.
The flag of Ravne na Koroškem is rectangular, in proportions 1:2, horizontally divided light blue-green, with the coat of arms in the middle. No vertical version is prescribed, though it is prescribed that the top of the coat of arms is in the blue part of the flag, which may mean that in vertical hoisting it is not "rotated back".
1. Odlok o grbu in zastavi občine Ravne na Koroškem, signed on 1 April 1990 and published in the local gazette Medobčinski uradni vestnik, nr. 5/90, pp. 129-130.
2. Odlok o grbu in zastavi Občine Ravne-Prevalje, adopted on 6 July 1995 and published in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije, nr. 51, 7 September 1995, pp. 4021-2;
3. Odlok o grbu in zastavi Občine Ravne na Koroškem, adopted on 7 October 1999 and published in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije, nr. 94/1999.
4. Odlok o spremembi odloka o grbu in zastavi Občine Ravne na Koroškem, adopted on 15 March 2001 and published in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije, nr. 28/2001.
Decision (1) was adopted on 8 November 1989, though it was
signed only on 11 April 1990. It came into effect eight days after
publication date in gazette, which is unknown. Decision (2)
abolished the former one, and it came in effect eight days after
publication, i.e., on 14 November 1995, though that did not
change anything of importance.
Decision (3), connected with the change in the municipality name, only repeats the previous decision. However, decision (4) gives provision for a vertical flag, with a rotated coat of arms.
The colour specifications are given in the 1999 Decision as follows:
- Light blue: Pantone 290C / HKS 47K 80% / PVC 056 ice blue
- Light green: Pantone 361C / HKS 65K / PVC 064 / RAL 6018
- Dark green: Pantone 3415C / HKS 54K / PVC 061 / RAL 6029
- Dark brown: Pantone 4625C / HKS 76K / PVC 080 / RAL 8017
Light green is for the border and hills, while dark green is for the tree; light blue is for the shield background and dark brown for all the lines and the tree trunk. The flag is light blue and light green.
Željko Heimer, 15 May 2006
Coat of arms of Ravne na Koroškem - Image by Željko Heimer, 10 March 2000
The coat of arms of Ravne na Koroškem is light blue, bordered green with three mounts in base, from the middle one is rising a tree with brown trunk and rich green top. The elements of the coat of arms are outlined in brown.
Željko Heimer, 10 March 2000