This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Tejutla (Chalatenango, El Salvador)

Last modified: 2019-05-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: chalatenango | tejutla |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



image by Fred Drews, 16 March 2019



See also:


Overview

Tejutla has been inhabited since the Vth century, mainly by the Chortí (Ch'orti') (English: Chorti). It was originally settled in a place called Las Mataras.

Tejula means "place of hot coals", or "hot city". Over time it has had various names such as Texutla and Santo Tomás Texutla (English: St.Thomas of Texutla).

In 1749 it was declared a curato (English: parish) and in 1786 it was declared a Partido (English: Part) and finally granted the title of Villa (English: Village) in 1824.
Sources: https://www.chalatenangosv.com/tejutla and
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejutla_(El_Salvador)


Coat of Arms

image contributed by Fred Drews, 16 March 2019


Previous flag and arms (before 2019)

image by Fred Drews, 1 April 2018

image contributed by Fred Drews, 1 April 2018


Flag and Arms in 2008

image by Fred Drews, 8 August 2008

image contributed by Fred Drews, 8 August 2008